As you will see in the Policy, we only use the information collected to improve our services for our users. If after reviewing the Policy you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated May 24, 2018
Our Privacy Commitment
This policy answers the following questions:
• What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
• Will we share your personal information with third parties?
• What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
• What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we have become more transparent about those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we remove your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
StudioBinder puts you in control of how we process your personal data. If we send you electronic marketing messages based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may, at any time, respectively withdraw such consent or declare your objection (“opt-out”) at no cost. The electronic marketing messages you receive from StudioBinder (e.g. those sent via email) also will include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself (e.g. an unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you).
You can find out more about the GDPR rights described above and the controls we provide here. If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact us at any time. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign up for the StudioBinder Service - when you sign up for StudioBinder Features, we collect certain personal data so you can use the Service such as your name, email address, company name, etc.
- Through your use of the StudioBinder Features - when you use the StudioBinder Features, we collect personal data about your use of StudioBinder Features, such as your activity log, phone number, addresses, etc.
- Personal data collected that enables us to provide you with additional features/functionality - from time to time, you also may provide us with additional personal data or give us your permission to collect additional personal data e.g. to provide you with more features or functionality. As described further below, we will not collect files, media, or application data without your prior consent. You always will have the option to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
We use anonymized and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, creating marketing and promotion models, improving the StudioBinder, and developing new features and functionality for StudioBinder Features.
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you. You do not need to submit personal information to access the StudioBinder Features generally. However, you may be required to submit personal information to access certain aspects of the Site and the StudioBinder Features. We may collect non-personal information such as your browser type, when you accessed the StudioBinder Features and from what physical location you accessed the StudioBinder Features. This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about users of the StudioBinder Features. We also may use this data to monitor the StudioBinder Features’ performance and to make the StudioBinder Features easier and more convenient to use.
We collect personal information when you create an account through the StudioBinder Features; participate in registration forms, order forms, feedback forms or surveys; purchase a product through the StudioBinder Features; participate in forums, news groups, or bulletin boards on the Site; use third-party applications such as Intercom or Google Analytics; or receive customer or technical support.
To create an account for the StudioBinder Features, we require you to provide certain information to create your profile, including your name, company name, email address, and password. Providing additional information beyond what is required to create an account, including your profile picture, phone number, or company address is optional, but enables you to gain more from the StudioBinder Features.
When purchasing a premium plan or subscription through the StudioBinder Features, you will also be required to provide a credit card number, billing address, phone number or other payment information. No information of this type will be collected unless you have registered for services that require it.
By submitting personal information through the Site, you authorize StudioBinder to share this personal information for the purposes identified herein and on the Site, such as responding to user inquiries, processing transactions, distributing materials, and requesting feedback.
Third Party Privacy Policies
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information with non-personal information that we have collected in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the StudioBinder Features. We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as de-personalizing your information. You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully transferable right and license to use your personal information in connection with the creation and development of analytical and statistical analysis tools relating to the use of the customer data we collect in providing the StudioBinder Features (the “Analytical Data”). We are expressly authorized to make any commercial use of the Analytical Data, including without limitation, sharing the Analytical Data with third parties, provided that we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer from us any part of the Analytical Data that personally identifies any StudioBinder Features users.
All data collected strictly remain for StudioBinder internal use only. StudioBinder is the sole owner of the information collected on its websites.
We may use your personal information to:
- prevent and detect fraud or any other prohibited or illegal activities;
- protect the security and integrity of StudioBinder websites and services;
- fulfill your requests for registration;
- process your online services orders;
- facilitate the use of StudioBinder Features or websites;
- help us customize content and make it closer to your needs;
- inform you of any important news on StudioBinder Features, relevant to you;
- inform you of new services release and product updates;
- communicate with you about technical or functional problems;
- send you special offers and events that may interest you;
- promote our products and services on our website and those of our partners.
- improve StudioBinder Features and websites.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- you have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
- we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
- we have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
Do Not Track
In compliance with California legislation, AB370, effective January 1, 2014, StudioBinder’s practices in responding to “do not track” signals and collecting user information over time and across a network of websites when you visit the Site are as follows: We honor the request of “do not track” signals sent by your browser when you visit the Site. Additionally, StudioBinder does not collect user information about your online activities over time and across different websites, or authorize third parties to do so.
Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Intercom, HotJar, Sendgrid and Stripe
StudioBinder currently uses Google Analytics, Mix Panel, Intercom, HotJar, Sendgrid, Twilio, and Stripe to help us learn about who visits the Site and what pages are being viewed. StudioBinder reserves the right to use different analytics software that serves similar purposes in the future. You can further explore other third party services StudioBinder uses on our policies and procedures page.
Our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and version, the search engine you used to find the StudioBinder Features, if any, which StudioBinder Features you use and from where, when and how long you use them, and if and when you are using the StudioBinder Features at a particular event. We use this information to monitor and analyze how users use the StudioBinder Features, to provide customer service and to maintain and improve the StudioBinder Features. We may also collect similar information from emails we may send to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the StudioBinder Features.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, or allow them to create an account for the StudioBinder Features. We take children’s privacy seriously, and encourage parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of StudioBinder’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the StudioBinder Features, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through email and/or a prominent notice on the Site.
Additional Information You Should Know About Third Parties
Control of Your Information
You may update or delete your personal information or modify your account preferences for the StudioBinder Features by accessing the account interface provided through the StudioBinder Features. Please note that if you disable your account, we will keep your contact information on file, and may retain other account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications From Us
If you no longer want to receive our newsletter, emails or other announcements, you may unsubscribe by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following to the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account transactions.
What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to StudioBinder employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the StudioBinder Features. All StudioBinder personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the StudioBinder Features and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems. Additionally, we do not retain private data such as your credit card number after the transaction for which such information is provided has been processed; notwithstanding the foregoing, our third-party partner Stripe, which handles all transactions on the Site and through the StudioBinder Features, may choose to retain private data for as long as is necessary to process transactions.
In the event that personal information you provide to us is compromised as a result of a breach of security, when appropriate we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation, notify you and take the necessary steps to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Notification of Changes
Questions? Contact Us