Whether you’re looking to hire locals when shooting out of town, or searching for “hungrier” crew who are willing to exchange experience for a pay cut, Facebook Groups are a great place to start.
Advantages of Hiring Production Crew with Facebook:
- The posting is free.
- Most groups are global, and you can find crew in remote areas.
- Younger talent could take on a lower rate if it means they can learn on the job.
1. Find Production Crew with Facebook
2. Key points to keep in mind
Join Well In Advance
Group approvals can take some time.
Leverage Friends in the Group
Often times friends in the group can approve the request themselves.
Check the Group Rules
Understand the group rules for posting (some do not allow for free/copy/credit jobs).
Ask Applicants to PM or Email You
Unless you want to field questions publicly about the job, rate, etc.
3. Keep Track of your Crew
When you find promising crew to work with, either for a current project, or future one down-the-road, it would be a good idea to save their contact details in CRM software for easy retrieval down-the-road.
StudioBinder lets you save crew member details, add profile photos, and even organize them into favorites lists for easy hiring down-the-road. Make lists by geography such as “Best Sound Mixers in Las Vegas” or by project rates “Affordable Production Coordinators.” Building a system now for ongoing hiring efficiency can save you time when you’re up against a hiring crunch later.
Good luck finding your crew! Feel free to link to your favorite Facebook Groups in comments below.
Like this post? Share it!
Find your Film Crew using Facebook Groups #filmmaking #filmmakers #indiefilm
Film production software
• Organize talent and crew details
• Create shooting schedules & breakdowns
• Create, send & track personalized call sheets
Latest posts by Darya Danesh (see all)
- The Only Shot List Template You Need — with Free Download - July 29, 2016
- Top 10 Storyboard Software of 2017 (with free Storyboard Templates) - July 17, 2016
- Why You Should Have a Photo Release Form Template - June 12, 2016