The best digital camera for multi-functionality on the market, the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro now has an update – the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. Both cameras yield some beautifully cinematic footage, and this post takes a look at footage from each.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro Footage
1. YouTube user, dv4pictures, tests out the new purchase, giving us some incredibly cinematic footage.
Indie filmmaker gives us incredible footage
2. Director of photography, Roy Wagner, and Director, Robert Adetuyi discuss making the feature musical, “Stand!” with the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro.
See how DP, Roy Wagner used the URSA Mini Pro
More recently, Blackmagic came out with a newer version of this model - the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.K G2.
This is not a new camera - the URSA Mini Pro 4.K G2 is an update to the original, which will soon replace it.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.K G2
When updated software features come out, the hardware sometimes also needs to be updated. That’s why the G2 came about.
Blackmagic engineers have launched an updated 4.6K sensor to allow for higher fps (frames per second) recording.
The URSA Mini Pro is able to record right to ProRes. But it’s unable to record to ProRes Raw. That is a function of the G2.
Some other key features of the latest URSA Mini Pro G2 include the 4.6K super 35 HDR CMOS Sensor, 4.6K up to 120 fps, and 300 fps at 1080p. It has 15 stops of dynamic range at 3200 ISO, and has a USB-C expansion port for external disks.
1. Watch how filmmaker, Garth De Bruno Austin messes around with higher frame rates and the RAW footage of the G2. His wildlife and nature shots are both cinematic and breathtaking.
Garth De Bruno Austin's wildlife footage
2. The next is from YouTube channel, Wyatt Visuals. Shot in Blackmagic RAW 8:1 and 12:1 at 120fps, 150fps and 300 fps, with the Sigma ART 18-35mm, 50mm and 150-600mm. His description mentions he used DaVinci Resolve to edit and color grade. Also, DaVinci Resolve comes with the purchase of the camera.
Cinematic shots with the G2
3. Speaking of color, we like the next one because filmmakers, Onni Vakkuri, Tommi Karjalainen, Asko Agge, show us their original footage and how they colored it in post.
Color in URSA Mini Pro G2 footage
Blackmagic cameras are powerful tools so their price points seem to match that. But there's always more (affordable) gear to check out. Stay with us for some more footage from DJI.
Best DJI Ronin-S Footage
If you’re not sure of your next gear purchase, consider the next post, that includes some killer footage of one of the most versatile gimbals from DJI, the Ronin-S.
Up Next: Best DJI Ronin-S Footage →
Showcase your vision with elegant shot lists and storyboards.
Create robust and customizable shot lists. Upload images to make storyboards and slideshows.