You know them when you hear them because when you hear them you get all mushy. Or maybe I’m just talking about me. Below is our list of the best love quotes from movies, from the early 20th century cinema to today.
Love Quotes From Movies
The Best Romantic Movie Quotes
Movies make us feel things - and in romance scenes, this is especially true. Below are the best romantic love quotes from cinema. Not ranked.
1. “I’ve fallen in love. I’m an ordinary woman. I didn’t think such violent things could happen to ordinary people.”
Father of the Bride
2. “I knew I’d never be able to remember what Nina wore that day. But I also knew I’d never forget the way she looked.”
You've Got Mail
3. “I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly.”
4. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.”
5. “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.”
6. "I wish I knew how to quit you."
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
7. “I can't see anything I don't like about you.”
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
8. "I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be."
9. “I can't remember anything without you.”
10. To me, you are perfect.”
11. "You had me at hello."
12. "I love you. You complete me."
The Great Gatsby
13. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.”
14. “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.”
The Princess Bride
15. "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
The Princess Bride
16. "As you wish."
When Harry Met Sally
17. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
18. “I like you. So there’s that. I guess I have that.”
19. “I guess when you’re young, you just believe there’ll be many people…you’ll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.”
20. "I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame."
Bridget Jones's Diary
21. "No, I like you very much. Just as you are."
Shakespeare in Love (1998)
22. "You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die."
On Golden Pond
23. “Listen to me, mister. You’re my knight in shining armor. Don’t you forget it.”
The English Patient
24. “Swoon. I’ll catch you.”
25. “I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floating around accidental—like on a breeze—but I think maybe it’s both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there’s anything you need, I won’t be far away.”
It's a Wonderful Life
26. "You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down."
The Wedding Date
27. "I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met."
28. "I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where."
The Wedding Singer
29. The entire "I Wanna Grow Old With You" song
10 Things I Hate About You
30. “I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme.
I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.”
Blue is the Warmest Color
31. “You were the only thing in my life that was real.”
A Little Romance
32. “You could make it true. What are legends anyway but stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things? Of course, it takes courage and imagination... not everybody has that. I may be an old fraud Daniel, but I do know this: something that two people who are in love create together against impossible odds, can hold them together... forever.”
Pride & Prejudice
33. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.”
34. "They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.”
Sleepless in Seattle
35. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together … and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home. .. only to no home I’d ever known … I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like … magic.”
36. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.”
The Silver Linings Playbook
37. “The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.”
38. “I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.”
39. "Here's lookin at you, kid."
Good Will Hunting
40. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.”
Gone with the Wind
41. “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
Memoirs of a Geisha
42. "Can't you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that little girl on the bridge, was to bring me closer to you."
43. "Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you."
44.“I’ll Never Let Go, Jack. I Promise.”
City of Angels
45."I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One."
As Good as it Gets
46. “You make me want to be a better man.”
47.“I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.”
The Fault in Our Stars
48. “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
49. “It’s like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.”
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
50. “I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder.”
51. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.”
Sweet Home Alabama
52. “You’re the first boy I ever kissed, Jake, and I want you to be the last.”
Meet Joe Black
53. “Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with?”
My Best Friend's Wedding
54. "Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy.”
55.“What I really want to do with my life — what I want to do for a living — is I want to be with your daughter. I’m good at it.”
Sense & Sensibility
56.“I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.”
P.S. I Love You
57. "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you cannot live without."
Okay, I think after all of that it’s time to laugh a bit. Up next is the most iconic and comedic one-liners in cinema.