Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Web Content Coordinator! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- assessing content slated for release on our blog, and ensure content adheres to formatting guidelines and other quality assurance standards
- adding and updating WordPress content (including copy editing as needed)
- considering and incorporating new images, embeds, and assets to elevate content
- publish new content at the proper date and time
- liaise with other writers as needed
- manage editorial calendar efficiently while taking responsibility for quality
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has immaculate attention to detail, quality, and presentation
- has excellent written skills, including command of the English language and grammar
- is highly organized; a to-do- list person
- has strong aptitude for editing web content in WordPress
- has an eye for modern (clean and elegant) design
- is proficient in writing/proofreading
- has 1-2 years experience in a proofreading role
- is interested in filmmaking or screenwriting
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't curse your job in LA traffic
- notices si typo and will let me know in there cover
- might describe themself as tech-savvy, a stickler for standards, and a problem solver
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, and review this week's goals in Trello. You know exactly what needs to be done today to ensure we hit our release goals. During the morning stand-up you update everyone on status of your posts. You then remind a writer that you'll need their article by mid-day to ensure we comfortably hit our release goals this week.
You head to the kitchen, grab a muffin and coffee. As you head to your desk, you sync up with the editor on a post that you added to WordPress yesterday. You let the editor know that the article could benefit from a couple more Youtube embeds and images to clarify the points and keep it compelling. The editor agrees and gives you the go-ahead.
You head to your desk and make the changes to the article. You search Google Images and Youtube — careful, you don't want to get sucked into Youtube's black hole! You embed a few videos, rearrange some blocks of text, so it flows better. Add a few captions, double-check grammar, tweak margins a bit...and a few more minor adjustments.
You re-read the post, and it looks sharp! It flows so much better. You schedule the post to be released next Monday, update Trello, and slack the editor to get their approval.
You do this for the next post as well. Time flies, and you notice it's now lunchtime. You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
This is a 3-month contract-to-hire. Full-time, in-office (Santa Monica). After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time W2, and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, catered meals every Friday
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!