CONTENT MARKETING SPECIALIST
Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Content Marketing Specialist! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
And visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- identifying, planning and executing on creative marketing campaigns
- composing click-worthy messaging for social, groups, and newsletters
- tracking the progress and analytics of campaigns
- presenting the results of campaign promotions to executives
- building our influencer network to syndicate our content
- collaborating with influencers in our space
- working with copywriters to create and schedule compelling Instagram Stories
- managing PPC and retargeting campaigns (Adwords, Facebook, Youtube)
- maintaining an editorial calendar
- composing, split testing, and scheduling newsletters
- micro-targeting our subscribers into various drip campaigns and conversions
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3-5+ years experience in content marketing and social media
- proficient with Google Drive, Google Analytics, Buffer and Hootsuite
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- interested in the entertainment industry (production experience is a bonus)
- meticulous about grammar and composing click-worthy messaging
- geeks out on social media marketing and growth hacking trends
- subscribes to blogs like Hubspot, GrowthHackers, Backlinko, etc
- might describe themself as creative, analytical, strategic, experimental, detail-oriented, collaborative, voracious reader, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a croissant, and some coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the content editor to get a better idea of an upcoming promotion and the conversion goals.
You look at your hands, the croissant is now gone. It's in your belly. Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open the editorial calendar to confirm the content to promote for today—it's an article and video on Location Scouting Pro Tips. You read the post. Watch the video. It takes you back to your old production days. You identify the value proposition of the content, and who the consumer is so you can better craft messaging that resonates.
You open our newsletter software, compose an email, and set a split test between 4 subject line variations. You post the content on our social channels and schedule them to go out in rotation for the next 2 weeks (each with unique copy and images/gifs that grab attention). You post the content to the perfect subreddits. Now that the basics are done, you start getting creative. You think of the influencers in our network that would be interested in this content, you shoot them an email, DM them, send them a text message.
You get a response from a major blog, you're stoked! You reply, right in time for lunch! You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade. You pick the writers' brains on the content further in between some friendly banter about why you think Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!