Motion Graphics Designer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Motion Graphics Designer! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Explore our video content here: youtube.com/studiobinder
And visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- creative concepting to identify a look and feel for various content
- animating in Adobe After Effects
- editing videos in Premiere
- designing vector-based assets in Illustrator
- creating shareable, short-form videos and gifs for social media
- collaborating with a creative director and team to identify new ideas
What kind of person is SB looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3-5+ years experience animating in After Effects
- has advanced Adobe Illustration / Photoshop / Sketch skills
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- interested in the entertainment industry (production experience is a bonus)
- loves pixel perfect modern design and capable of producing it
- is passionate for keeping things simple
- meticulous about organization, clean layer structuring, and naming conventions
- has strong typography skills and understands nuances of margin space
- geeks out on motion design trends
- subscribes to video blogs and channels about design
- might describe themself as creative, artistic, organized, strategic, detail-oriented, collaborative, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a croissant, and some coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the content editor to get a better idea of an upcoming video and conversion goals.
You look at your hands, the croissant is now gone. It's in your belly. Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open Trello to confirm the project to design today—it's a video on how to format a screenplay (take you back to your video production days). You read the AV script and have a clear idea of the video's goals. You head to Pinterest and Behance and rapidly save various inspiring images to source for color palettes and layouts. You open Illustrator (we use Sketch) and drop all the images into multiple artboards and organize each into a different moodboards. You tidy up the moodboards, send send a Slack DM to the creative director. You and the creative director review the moodboards, and settle on an approach. You design (and source vector images from online resource sites). You export the final vector assets and jump into After Effects to start animating...but first, lunch-time! You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade. You pick the writer's brain on the content a bit more in between some friendly banter about why you think Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!