Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Video Editor! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
Also acquaint yourself with our video content here: youtube.com/studiobinder
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- editing videos in Adobe Premiere
- concepting and planning videos with the editorial team
- working with in-house motion graphics designer to identify visual style
- screening videos, noting feedback, and revising as needed
- exporting video teasers for social (FB, IG, YT channel, Blog, etc).
What kind of person is SB looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3 years experience as a video editor
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Adobe Premiere)
- passionate about video editing and storytelling
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't curse your job sitting in LA traffic
- subscribes to video blogs and influencers like Shane Hurlbut, Philip Bloom, PremiereGal, NoFilmSchool, VFXGuru, etc.
- obsessed with learning hotkeys and organizational stay efficient
- has used StudioBinder before (not required, but a big plus).
- comfortable editing content about video production and filmmaking
- might describe themself as detail-oriented, a stickler for polished cuts, a problem solver, can pick up new tech faster than we can finish writing this senten--
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a bagel, cream cheese, and some coffee from the snack bar.
Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open Trello to find today's video project is a Pro Tips video on How to Location Scout. It takes you back to your old production days. You think how useful this video would have been when you were just starting out.
You open up the AV script to see what the writers had in mind for the video. You review the recorded VO and peruse some footage. You formulate a couple ideas, but first sync up with the motion graphics designer to create a plan of attack to come up with a cohesive visual look for this project.
Next you jump into Adobe Premiere, import all the footage and go to town editing. Time flies, and you notice it's time for lunch. You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
You come back from lunch, round two! Once you have a rough cut, you notify the visual designer and creative director via Slack. The three of you hop into the screening room to check out the first cut. Overall, the notes are positive, but there are a few things that should be tightened up a bit.
Notes in hand, you head back to Premiere to make the changes. It's almost the end of the day now, so you start a high-res export for the latest cut, so you can start the next day with a screening and work towards a final cut by end of day tomorrow.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
Email your resume to email@example.com
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!