Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Content Copywriter! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
Also acquaint yourself with our blog content here: studiobinder.com/blog
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- conducting SEO keyword research
- writing new blog content
- writing video treatments for our youtube channel
- drafting newsletter copy
- updating copy in wordpress
- composing social messaging for articles
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3 years experience as a copywriter
- proficient in Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- passionate about copywriting
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- subscribes to filmmaking news, blogs and channels like Every Frame a Painting, Nerdwriter, John August, ScriptNotes podcast, etc.
- comfortable writing content about video production and filmmaking
- might describe themself as creative, detail-oriented, screenwriter, a stickler for grammar, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a bagel, cream cheese, and some coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the content editor to get a better idea of the conversion goals of the next post.
Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open Trello to find today's article and vetted keyword, "location scouting." It takes you back to your old film school days. You do some light reading of ranking articles to better understand the subject matter. After that, you fire up your keyword research tool and create a short list of keywords in your Google doc.
Once you're done, you Slack your doc to the editor for approval. He adds a few minor notes, but otherwise, it's a greenlight!
You start writing your content and enter the zone. You fine-tune the intro, add internal links and button up the intro and outro. Once you're done, you add a series of title variants, social copy, and other basic deliverables. You update Trello checklist to reflect your work and move the task card over to the editor's column for approval.
Next up, you have a video essay project about "What is Film Blocking" where you'll be writing the VO script, but right now, it's time for lunch.
You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or perks designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!