CUSTOMER SUCCESS REP
Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Customer Support Representative! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- answering live chat inquiries from users in real-time
- testing and logging feature requests, UI confusions, and bugs as-you-go
- identifying and composing new support documentation
- writing voice-over scripts for support videos
- screen-recording and editing support videos to voice-over audio
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3 years experience in customer support or QA testing
- very patient and empathetic by nature
- is a problem solver and loves to "figure things out"
- has some production experience (film school is okay)
- ridiculously tech-savvy. Can learn new software faster than I can write this senten--
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- subscribes to filmmaking blogs and channels like NoFilmSchool, FilmRiot, Every Frame a Painting, Nerdwriter, etc.
- has used StudioBinder's product before (not required, but a bonus!)
- might describe themself as tech-savvy, a digital native, detail-oriented, empathetic, patient, friendly, inquisitive, a problem solver, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, grab a donut and some coffee from the snack bar. Get settled in and chat with a supervisor about the day's goals.
After that, you check Intercom, our live chat software, to see if there are any real-time questions that need your immediate attention. There's one user who needs help importing their script. You help the user out, and identify a potential bug. You attempt to recreate the issue, find the source, and break down every step in your bug tracking software.
You work your way through the remaining live chat and email tickets, closing them as you go. A new live chat customer pops up. You take a look at their email handle and the user is with a large, well-known brand...you think this could be a potentially great enterprise customer. You introduce the customer to another teammate who handles bizdev.
With all the open support tickets caught up, you shift your focus to writing a new VO script for a support video that could make so many users' lives easier...but first thing's first, lunch time!
You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!