Full Stack (MEAN) Developer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Important — A Note about Scammers
If you receive an email from us, please double-check the email address. All official emails from StudioBinder end in "@studiobinder.com" (e.g. email@example.com).
If you received an email that has some variation (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), it is likely a scammer. StudioBinder will never request your personal or bank information. Please do not reply to the email, and flag the email with "Report phishing" as this will block the sender. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
StudioBinder is looking for a Full Stack (M.E.A.N.) Developer! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
And visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's growing engineering team and help with:
- developing and maintaining the backend and front end of our MEAN Stack app (MongoDB, Express, Angularjs, Nodejs)
- managing and developing the application, database, client app, and front-end (HTML5, CSS3)
- implementation of security and data protection, design and implementation of data storage solution.
What kind of person is SB looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has 8+ years of experience in developing robust, performant, maintainable software
- is proficient with MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, UI/UX Design, Frontend Engineering, Bootstrap, AWS/EC2/ELB/S3/DynamoDB, Front-End/Full-Stack (UI-AngularJS-JS-NodeJS)
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- interested in the entertainment industry (production experience is a bonus)
- demonstrates eagerness and passion about taking on challenging problems
- might describe themself as analytical, proactive, friendly, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning scrum with the CTO to check in with progress. You grab a croissant, and some coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the CTO to clarify the workflow of one of your features and come up with a more efficient implementation.
You look at your hands, the croissant is now gone. It's in your belly. Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open your IDE and chip away at the new feature. But before you know it, it's lunch time! You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade and share some friendly banter about how progressive web apps are going to change the world, and why you think Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary + commission
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Potential for meaningful equity
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
If you receive an email from us, please double-check the email address. All official emails from StudioBinder end in "@studiobinder.com" (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you receive an email that has some variation (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), it is likely a scammer. Please disregard those emails — they are not from our team. StudioBinder will never request your personal or bank information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!