Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer for Web Content! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
Also acquaint yourself with our blog content here: studiobinder.com/blog
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- designing assets for blog posts, featured images for posts, data visualizations, etc
- working with copywriters to design compelling Instagram Stories
- working with a motion graphics animator to design unique video designs
- designing marketing pages
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3-5+ years experience as a graphic designer
- proficient in Illustrator (Sketch is preferable though!)
- meticulous about margins, padding, layouts and typography
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't rue your job sitting in LA traffic
- interested in filmmaking and entertainment
- extremely organized when it comes to layer lists and naming conventions
- geeks out on design trends
- might describe themself as creative, experimental, detail-oriented, collaborative, open to feedback, etc.
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a bagel, cream cheese, and some coffee from the snack bar. You sync up with the content editor to get a better idea of the conversion goals of the next post.
Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open up an unpublished WordPress draft with images. The post has placeholders for images...this is where you come in. The article is about "location scouting." It takes you back to your old film school days. You read the post to understand its substance, and you take note of the images that should be added to break it up and reinforce clarity. You head to Pinterest and rapidly collect various images to source for colors, and various aesthetic inspiration. You open Sketch and drop all the images into various artboards and label them as moodboards. You review the moodboards and settle on an approach and start creating all the assets the post needs based on the top moodboard samples. You create a featured and social image for sharing, charts, diagrams, and spin-off images for Instagram Stories.
You export the images, compress them and drop them into dropbox. This post is done...and right in time for lunch! You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire process. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or perks to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!