Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Copy Editor! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- conducting SEO keyword research
- planning the editorial calendar
- identifying what posts should be written every week
- rewriting and optimizing content that is provided to you
- adding content to WordPress (Yoast, Thrive Architect, etc.)
- creating newsletter funnels, drips, and marketing pages
- revising article copy to better optimize them for search
- presenting results to team members and executives
What kind of person is StudioBinder looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 3 years experience as an copy editor
- passionate about copywriting
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't curse your job sitting in LA traffic
- has an insane passion for problem solving, analysis, and project management
- geeks out over SEO. You don’t want to pivot to a new role at StudioBinder any time soon. This isn't a role to get your "foot in the door."
- subscribes to blogs like HubSpot, Backlinko, and Moz.
- obsessed with data and analytics
- has used StudioBinder before (not required, but a big plus).
- comfortable writing about video production and filmmaking
- might describe themself as analytical, detail-oriented, a stickler for good grammar, a problem solver, can pick up new tech faster than we can finish writing this senten--
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, run a morning stand-up. Grab a bagel, cream cheese, and some coffee from the snack bar. You chat with a writer briefly on his upcoming post as you munch. He has some questions about direction, and you refocus him on the keyword direction that drives the most value. It clicks for the writer, and he's energized to tackle the post now.
Coffee in hand, you head to your desk, open the editorial calendar to confirm the slate. You tidy up a few things, and then jump into a Google Doc of a recently drafted article on location scouting pro tips. The post takes you back to your old production days. You skim the article to ensure all deliverables were hit. All checks out!
You generate a new WordPress post, and paste in the content and start proofing. You fix some grammatical issues. You beef up some copy, rephrase the intro, tie in related internal links, insert a better images to help with clarity and readability.
The post is looking pretty great. You publish it, and update the editorial calendar.
You lean back, take a sip of your coffee. Onto the next post!
You open up the next Google doc, but this time you notice the writer didn't hit all their deliverables. You make a note to sync up with this person...but right now, it's time for lunch. You and the team stroll to Tender Greens on the Promenade, sharing some friendly banter about why Season 2 of Westworld was just okay.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!