Video Shooter & Producer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time Video Content Producer to concept, shoot and edit original videos for our video channel! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
Also acquaint yourself with our video content here: youtube.com/studiobinder
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- working with team to concept educational videos about filmmaking
- producing and planning the shoots
- Shooting in office and in the field
- editing videos in Adobe Premiere
- working with in-house motion graphics designer to identify visual style
- screening videos, noting feedback, and revising as needed
- exporting video teasers for social (FB, IG, YT channel, Blog, etc).
What kind of person is SB looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- has at least 6 years experience as a shooter / director
- at least 3 years experience as a video editor
- proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Adobe Premiere)
- passionate about video editing and storytelling
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't curse your job in LA traffic
- subscribes to video blogs and influencers like Shane Hurlbut, Philip Bloom, Aputure, PremiereBeat, VFXGuru, etc.
- obsessed with learning hotkeys and organizational stay efficient
- has used StudioBinder before (not required, but a big plus).
- might describe themself as detail-oriented, a stickler for polished cuts, a problem solver, can pick up new tech faster than we can finish writing this senten--
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, join a morning stand-up to update everyone on progress. You grab a snack and coffee from the snack bar.
You head to your desk, open Trello to find today's video project is a Pro Tips video on How to Shot List a Video. It takes you back to your old production days. You think how useful this video would have been when you were just starting out.
You start concepting new ideas around this topic and how to incorporate StudioBinder's product in creative ways.
You call a meeting with the directors and pitch your concept. You collaborate and refine the ideas. One is selected.
You get back to your desk, fill out a treatment, and start pre-production. You create a budget for approval, gather your team, make your shot list, and prep for a shoot in a day or so.
This particular project will be handed off to a video editor, so you can focus on shooting and directing.
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
We're open to either project-based contracts or full-time. If we opt to move forward on a full-time basis, it will be on a 3-month contract-to-hire basis. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time, W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Monthly health savings bonus
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume, a link to your video reel, and a cover letter telling us why you want to work at StudioBinder. Please include a couple video ideas that feature our product creatively that you'd love to develop here.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
Don't forget to include a reel and a couple video ideas that would resonate on social while naturally tying in our product in a natural, authentic way.
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!