Location: Santa Monica, CA
StudioBinder is looking for a full-time SEO Specialist! StudioBinder is a software company located in Santa Monica, and is project management solution for producers, filmmakers and video creatives to better plan and execute their productions.
Visit our Careers page to learn about our work culture, benefits, and the typical work day.
What's the job?
You’d work within StudioBinder's Content and Editorial team and help with:
- conducting keyword research
- optimizing blog posts and marketing pages for search
- creating an optimization action plan for our domain
- adding content to WordPress (Yoast, Thrive Architect, etc.)
- creating newsletter funnels, drips, marketing pages
- revising article copy to better optimize them for search
- conducting site audits to identify on-site SEO issues
- identifying backlink opportunities
- cold emailing editors to acquire backlinks
- presenting results to team members and executives
What kind of person is SB looking for?
We’d like you to be the kind of person who:
- lives in Santa Monica (or very nearby) so you won't curse your job sitting in LA traffic.
- has at least 3 years experience as an SEO specialist
- has an insane passion for problem solving and analysis
- geeks out over SEO. You don’t want to pivot to a new role at StudioBinder any time soon. This isn't a role to get your "foot in the door."
- subscribes to blogs like HubSpot, Backlinko, and Moz.
- obsessed with data and analytics
- passionate about copywriting
- has used StudioBinder before (not required, but a big plus).
- comfortable writing about video production and filmmaking
- might describe themself as analytical, detail-oriented, a stickler for good grammar, a problem solver, can pick up new tech faster than we can finish writing this senten--
What's the typical workday like?
In a typical morning, you might:
Get to the office, get settled, jump into a morning stand-up. Grab a bagel, cream cheese, and some coffee from the snack bar. You chat with the content editor briefly as you munch.
You head to your desk, open Trello and find your day's project – today you're optimizing an old blog post on film location scouting. It takes you back to your old production days. You fire up your keyword research tool to analyze what the current keyword positions are, and reassess the strategy. You make a gameplan.
You jump into WordPress, pull up the post, and start inserting keywords. You rewrite large chunks of the post with the new keywords in mind. The post is starting to look pretty good now. You re-publish it.
You take note of your changes, and log the current analytics because in two weeks time, you'll need to present the before-and-afters...but right now, it's time for lunch!
What does StudioBinder have to offer?
Similar to companies like Google, we have a 3-month contract-to-hire approach here. Full-time. 5 days a week. In-office. After the introductory period, you'll be automatically upped to a full-time W2 position and unlock additional benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Up to 3-weeks of paid time off (PTO) plus national holidays
- Flexible PTO so you can use vacation and sick days any way you like
- Free healthy snacks, sweet treats, breakfasts twice a week and catered meals
- Every first Friday of the month is a half day
- Team outings like happy hour or bowling to let loose
- Firm 40-hour-work weeks. There’s no foosball or “perks” designed to keep you at work. We want you to put in 8 quality hours, then go live your life, recharge, and come back fresh every day.
The ideal candidate would be able to start ASAP, but we're flexible for the right person. If all of this sounds up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please email us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to work at StudioBinder.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Interested in this position?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know why you'd like to join the StudioBinder team!
If you don’t see a job that suits you, but think you’d be indispensable, click here and tell us why.
CONTENT & EDITORIAL
StudioBinder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: StudioBinder provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within StudioBinder will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with StudioBinder!